Many people dream of having straighter teeth, but don’t want to wear those ugly metal braces and the discomfort that goes along with this traditional orthodontic work. This is where Invisalign can be beneficial.
Invisalign aligners are orthodontic appliances that work to straighten your teeth without looking too obvious. Unlike traditional metal braces, this doesn’t use metal brackets and wires – it comes with a series of trays that move your teeth gradually into the target position. Each aligner tray is made considerably straighter than the last one, and you’ll receive a new set every 2 weeks. Every tray gradually shifts the teeth by 0.25 mm.
Invisalign Treatment Timeline
The average treatment time for adults is 12 months. However, this depends on the severity of the patient’s case. For teenagers, the duration of treatment will also be determined by the severity of the case. Your dentist will collaborate with you to create a dental treatment plan that is customized to your specific needs.
Advantages of using Invisalign Treatment.
While Invisalign is an excellent alternative to metal braces, it does have certain drawbacks. In certain instances, conventional braces are more efficient than Invisalign aligners. Invisalign is most effective in mild dental cases and is less efficient in extreme cases that require advanced orthodontic treatments.
Generally, Invisalign adults can treat the following:
When we conclude that you are a suitable candidate for Invisalign, we will take detailed reports of your teeth, which will include the following:
- Digital scan of your teeth
- Pictures of your teeth and face
These data, along with specific instructions regarding your treatment plan, will be sent to the laboratory. Our in-house dentist will use high-tech 3D imaging to make a dental treatment plan for your teeth, beginning with their initial position and ending with their final position. We believe that the creation of custom-made aligners requires the expertise of an orthodontist. It will take approximately four to five weeks to complete. Once the trays have been delivered to our office, we can begin straightening your teeth.
Know about Invisalign Attachments for Malocclusions Treatment
Benefits of Invisalign
- Invisalign will need to be removed whenever you eat or drink; thus, there won’t be any restrictions compared to traditional braces.
- Invisalign is virtually invisible, which means you’ll be more confident when you talk or smile as no metal brackets or wires will show up.
- Brushing and flossing are made simpler with Invisalign clear aligners because they are removable. This makes it simple to maintain healthy teeth and gums.
- You can remove the aligners temporarily when taking photos, participating in sports, or any other special occasion.
Find out more about How much does invisalign cost.