Metal braces are a reputable way of straightening and fixing tooth alignment and bite problems. It is capable of treating patients with moderate to severe misaligned, crooked, or crowded teeth. Summit Smiles conducts Orthodontics for adults in order to provide our California neighbors with perfectly aligned teeth regardless of their financial situation. Schedule an Appointment to determine if this treatment option is right for you.
Contents: What are they? | Treatment length | How to care? | How much cost? | Appointment | FAQ
What are Metallic Braces?
Traditional braces are the most effective means of aligning the teeth. Metal braces were the first orthodontic appliances that were used to straighten crooked or misaligned teeth and are still one of the commonly used in orthodontics. These are made of corrosion-resistant stainless steel or titanium alloys. These are strong and durable and are made to last until your teeth are corrected. Metal braces consist of the following parts:
- Metallic brackets – The teeth are fastened with metal brackets, which are exposed when you open your mouth to speak or smile. Titanium, nickel, gold, or stainless steel are used to create metallic brackets. Brackets are secured to the teeth using a specific dental cement. They feature slots for the archwire to pass through.
- Archwire -The archwires are either made of nickel, titanium alloys, or nickel that passes through specially designed slots within the brackets. The most common type of archwire is a mix of 55% nickel and 45% titanium because of its elasticity and memory. How thick or rigid the archwire determines the force it needs to generate to the teeth. Typically, flexible wires are used to slowly straighten the teeth, followed by firm wires made of stainless steel to produce significant orthodontic movement.
- Orthodontic ligatures – These are also known as rubber bands. It is an elastic material that is used to hold the archwires in their places in the brackets. Ligatures consist of a variety of colors that patients can choose from and they can choose any color they prefer on every appointment. They make Braces for children an enjoyable experience.
Length of treatment
The duration of treatment is determined by the severity of the patient’s condition and his or her age. Braces must be worn for a period of 2 to 3 years. Patients will feel slight discomfort and pain immediately after its installation but the pain can go away within the first week.
Taking Care of Your Metal Braces
It is critical to attend to the following when undergoing treatment:
- Taking care of your oral hygiene – Food particles may adhere to the braces and under the archwire. If the teeth aren’t cleaned properly, it can cause cavities and gum infection. Dentists recommend using interdental toothbrushes to clean the braces as it has fine bristles that can reach the hard to clean surfaces around the braces and effectively remove plaque and calculus deposits.
- Maintaining a healthy diet – when wearing braces, patients should avoid eating hard or sticky foods. These kinds of foods can dislodge the wire and brackets.
- Using a mouthguard – If kids or adolescents participate in physical contact sports, wearing a mouthguard is mandatory. The mouthguard can prevent excessive injury to the soft tissues of the mouth when impact or trauma occurs. Invisalign for kids is a good alternative.
- Keep follow-up appointments – When you are not attending regular dental checkups it can delay the treatment. Make sure to visit your hygienist twice a year for deep cleaning.
Metal braces cost
It is more advantageous and can save you a lot of time and money if you choose a doctor who is close to your home and job, such as our office in La Habra,CA. Seek out the greatest specialist for metal braces who has an excellent reputation. Our team possesses the necessary skills, education, and funding choices to meet your demands. Additionally, we accept PPO and HMO and provide financing in-house. We likewise excel in Ceramic braces, misalignment of the jaw, overbites and Hidden braces.
Compare pricing in La Habra: How much do clear braces cost for adults as well as the Cost for invisalign aligners. Visit us at La Habra, California.
How much do Metal / Traditional Braces Cost?
The approximate cost of metal braces is between $3,000 to $ 7,500. The initial set of retainers is included in the cost. Metal braces are somewhat more expensive on average than Invisalign aligners. Insurance may cover the cost of traditional braces up to .
Traditional Braces – La Habra
Summit Smiles understands that Metal Braces California should be of the highest quality; as such, we provide cutting-edge treatments to our neighbors and the surrounding community. Consider the services we provide in La Habra, CA and contact us today.
Metal Braces FAQ
Are metal braces harmful to your health?
Metal braces are not harmful to your health as long as you practice good dental hygiene. If you do not brush your teeth consistently, tooth decay, cavities, and gum disease can occur. Dr. Manali Patel, DDS recommends that you take careful care of your teeth once you have them, much more so if you wear metal braces.
What type of metal is used in braces?
Stainless steel is used in traditional metal braces, however, the wires can be made from nickel, alloy, titanium, copper, or molybdenum. The price of metal braces at Summit Smiles will vary depending on the type of material utilized.
Are metal braces more effective?
Metal braces are more effective than ceramic brackets because dentists can adjust them more readily and precisely. When a dentist has more control over the teeth, it can easily respond to the treatment. Metal braces often require 2 years of treatment. Other orthodontic procedures, such as Invisalign, might take between six and eighteen months to complete. Call our Summit Smiles office to know more about your treatment time.
Are metal braces cheaper?
The price of metal braces ranges from $3,000 to $ 7,500 while the cost of ceramic braces ranges from $3,500 to $8,000. The price of lingual braces $8,000 to $13,000 while Invisalign has an average cost of $4,000 to $7,000. In conclusion, metal braces are the least expensive kind of orthodontic treatment.
Do metal braces hurt?
Metal braces do not hurt when it is applied to your teeth. You’ll feel minor discomfort after the orthodontic wire has been engaged to the brackets but not feel pain.
How much do metal braces cost if they are covered by insurance?
Due to the fact that metal braces are considered a cosmetic operation, it might be difficult to obtain insurance policies that cover them. Policies that do cover it can lower the total cost by or more.
What is the cost of metal braces without insurance?
Without insurance, the average price of metal braces is between $3,000 to $7000.
Metal Braces Near Me
Choosing a dentist who is close to your home, job, or school is critical if you wish to save money and time. Expect a couple of treatments and follow-up sessions in addition to your routine visits in the future. Having a dental practice close simplifies the process. Choose a dental specialist that has outstanding patient reviews for metal braces and who you feel very comfortable with.